- Posted on Wednesday, 10 January 2018
You’ve seen and loved influencer Jane Kwan and Daren’s dusty gold and champagne wedding in Kuala Lumpur. Today, we’re excited to be featuring their stunning destination wedding held at Ayana Resort and Spa, Bali, styled by Butterfly Event Styling and captured by Terralogical.
Watch this short film of the couple’s wedding day captured by Handreas Stefano…
A word from Jane…
“Our Bali wedding happened six days after our wedding in KL (which took place on the 4th of June, 2017).
The most difficult part of having a wedding in Bali is deciding on the venue – there are so many great places to choose from! We flew to Bali about two months before the wedding to survey a few places; most of them are located at Uluwatu, which is ideal for cliff side weddings. Eventually we chose The Ayana Resort and Spa because we fell in love with the villa and its huge lawn (where our ceremony was held). On top of that, the location was ideal for our guests.
During our trip, we also set up a few meetings with local wedding vendors. Everything went smoothly; they were all very helpful.
Our ceremony had only 50 guests, so everything was relatively easy to manage. It rained the day before the wedding, so we decided to make a contingency plan just in case. Fortunately, the 10th of June was a gorgeous day; we were blessed with a cloudless sky and a gentle breeze. The gods must have been smiling down upon us that day – everything was just perfect.
Our favourite part of the wedding was being able to spend quality time with each and every one of our guests in a more intimate setting. The memories we made that day will last us a lifetime.
Here are a few tips for couples who are planning to have cliff side weddings in Bali:
1. Start your planning as early as possible and make a shortlist of venues before you fly.
2. Research your wedding vendors. Take a look at their previous work and make your decisions based on the style you’re going for.
3. Compare the costs and flexibility of the different venues. You can try to negotiate the package offered by your venue as well; don’t be afraid to ask your wedding consultant.
4. Get a drone for your video shoot. You won’t regret it!
5. Have fun, as planning a wedding is a great experience!”
Congratulations once again on your marriage, Daren and Jane!
Venue: Ayana Resort and Spa, Bali
Wedding Gowns: Pronovias from Designer Bridal Room, Leeren Bridal
Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Hair and Makeup: Rachel Lee
Flowers and Décor: Butterfly Event Styling
Wedding Planning: The bride
Acoustic Band: Lova Entertainment
Videography: Handreas Stefano