Photo by Chen Sands Photography
Without a doubt, you will have lots of information to keep track of as you plan your big day. We designed this wedding checklist to be by your side throughout this process. As you plan, you’ll probably find that some points on the schedule work better for you than others, or you may hit milestones a little earlier or later than what we have set out - so change it up and do what makes sense for your own wedding.
- Begin looking at wedding rings
- Assign specific roles and responsibilities to wedding party
- Begin any DIY projects for wedding
- Decide on and begin purchasing or making wedding favours
- Reserve rental items such as furniture or props (if applicable)
- Begin rehearsing any performances you’re involved in or sign up for the relevant classes
- Book florist, caterers, musicians, cake bakers, and any other vendors you require
- Start thinking about groom’s tuxedo/suit
- Finalise solemnisation or ceremony readings and begin preparing wedding solemnisation programme
- Book make-up and hair stylists for engagement photos and wedding
- Begin trialling grooming and beauty treatments such as teeth whitening, eyelash extensions, etc.
- Start thinking about honeymoon
- Fill out a solemniser consent form and book a solemniser. For contingencies, ask the solemniser for the name and contact number of his/her stand-in solemniser.
- Confirm wedding party’s outfits
- Buy groom’s tuxedo/suit and shoes
View the rest of the checklist and our colour wheel here:
The Wedding Scoop's Wedding Planing Colour Wheel
Twelve Months or Earlier to Wedding
Three Months to One Month
Day Before and Day of Wedding